Tuesday, June 28, 2005

What's great about Initial D The Movie?

Initial D - The Movie starts on 23/6. I'm a hardcore D-fans, but Jay Chou as Takumi degraded my expactation on the movie.

After watching the making, I start to gain faith. They use real cars to show the drift stunts, and all other actors look quite alright. Huang QiuSheng is the best as he really looks like Takumi's arrogant father who always half-closes the eyes with a cigratte like day dreaming. Also Chen SiaoChun really similar to the Evo driver KyoIchi with the hair-wrapping style.

My only worries is that the directors (yes, two of them!) putting too much focus on 'pathology'. As Jay is in the show, they might make this movie kind of love story one to suit the fans.

Its show time during the weekends. When I checked the GSC website, to my surprise no news about Initial D. Called my brothers in BP, and shocked to know that no Initial D movies in GSC cinemas. In other words, those small towns that has only GSC cinemas have no chance to show the movie! So do we expect people to goto JB, KL or PG just to watch Initial D??? or better still, get vcd from brodas here!?

Its still fine. I'm in KL. When I went to TGV in OneU, walaueh.. the queue is extremely long. Its like the time people queued for Hello Kitty. There were 8 slots of time showing Initial D, but only one slot 17:40 left. However, there were still hundreds of people in front of me (right, I was also in the Q). Eventually after considering my stomach conditions (aka Hungry) and the reality that I would not get today's ticket, I surrendered.

Until this day (28/06), I still haven't gotten a chance for this film.. Maybe I'm not fated to watch this in cinema? You know what I meant >:)

No comments: